- Module Quectel L70.
- L1 Band Receiver (1575.42MHz)
- Protocols: NMEA 0183 V3.0, PMTK
- EASY ™ technology, AGPS does not need external memory
- AlwaysLocate ™, the intelligent controller operates in periodic mode.
- GPS data communication via UART, compatible 3.3V and 5V. Update rate: 1Hz (mặc định), up to10Hz.
- Patch antenna integrated on the board.
- ATCBus output header.
- Battery backup on board. Led display GPS coordinates, frequency 1 Hz.
- Operating Voltage 3.3V.
- Dimensions: 33 x 64.5 mm.
- Design library support for Altium, Eagle, Orcad.
- Code sample support for SG8V1
1. Introduction to GPS L70 Easy R2
L70 is a module of Quectel that brings the high performance of MTK positioning engine to the industrial applications with compact profile, ultra low power consumption and fast positioning capability.
Combining advanced AGPS called EASY™ (Embedded Assist System) and proven AlwaysLocate™ technology, L70 achieves the highest performance and fully meets the industrial standard. EASY™ technology ensures L70 can calculate and predict orbits automatically using the ephemeris data (up to 3 days) stored in internal flash memory, so L70 can fix position quickly even at indoor signal levels with low power consumption. With AlwaysLocate™ technology, L70 can adaptively adjust the on/off time to achieve balance between positioning accuracy and power consumption according to the environmental and motion conditions.
Additional feature of embedded logger function called LOCUS allows L70 to log position information to internal flash memory at default intervals of 15 seconds and provide typically more than 16 hours log capacity without adding cost.
With its tiny design, high precision and sensitivity, L70 is perfectly suitable for a broad range of M2M applications such as portable device, automotive, personal tracking, security and industrial PDA.
Inheriting the GPS L70 Easy product, AT-COM designs and delivers GPS L70 Easy R2 product to take advantage of the capabilities of the L70 and adds additional features such as 3V3 and 5V voltage, steady status indicator Led, Battery backup, Patch antenna integrated on the circuit. Plus, with its compact size, handy data output, GPS L70 Easy R2 will bring you the most modern and sophisticated design inspiration.
2. Design diagram of GPS L70 Easy R2
3. Features of GPS L70 Easy R2
- The power supply for the board is 3.3V and 5V is supplied from the pins 3V3, 5V, GND according to the ATCBus standard.
- L70 module operates at a voltage range of 2.8 to 4.3V, with the GPS L70 Easy R2 product, the module being designed to run at 3.3V as recommended by the manufacturer to ensure stable features.
- The board uses a Si2302 MOSFET with buffer function for UART interface pins (TXD, RXD), EXTINT, SDA, SCL, which allows the L70 to communicate with the 5V microcontroller. Users can choose either 3V3 or 5V voltage through 0R resistor (size 0805) at I/O Level 3V3 or 5V, by default, when producing 0R resistor at 5V.
- The outstanding feature of the GPS L70 Easy R2 is integrated antenna on the board. AT-COM has integrated Jinchang's GPS Dielectric Antenna JCJZ2520, which combines standard design with the use of antenna amplifiers and filters to optimize and maximize the ability to catch the coordinates.
- Board has integrated Led displays the steady position: light on/off at 1 Hz when the L70 detects coordinates from the satellite and locates the position (in 3D).
- Battery back up on the circuit helps the L70 store location information and launch faster at subsequent times. Battery is a rechargeable 3.1V MS412FE-FL26E of Seiko, recharged via integrated charger on the circuit.
- GPS L70 Easy R2 is supported by the ATCBus connectivity standard, so it can be paired with products that support ATCBus for navigation applications, and vehicle tracker, etc.
4. Dimension of GPS L70 Easy R2